|Good News for the Week of April 8th |
This Sunday marks the day in the Church calendar that we call Palm Sunday. It is on this day that we remember Jesus riding down the Mount of Olives on a donkey while people waved palm branches and laid their coats down on the road in front of Him. The people were shouting, “Hosanna!” which means “Save Us!” They believed that their new King had come- the one who would kick the occupying Romans out of town. Then Jesus entered Jerusalem through the Eastern Gate. He spent the better part of the next week teaching on the Temple steps as pilgrims were flooding into Jerusalem to celebrate the Passover meal.
We remember that on that first Palm Sunday God’s people were waiting for resolution in their lives. They knew Jesus would be their King, but they didn’t know what that would mean yet. They knew that this man could save them, but they were still not yet free. They were already celebrating, but they did not know the outcome yet.
We live our lives in the middle of the God Story- without knowing how things are ultimately going to turn out. Most of us live a good portion of our lives waiting for resolution. We triumphantly declare, “The King has come” but our hopes and dreams remain unfulfilled. Join us for worship on Sunday as we struggle with what it means to wait for the resolution to the God Story in our hearts and lives.
| Ways to Get Connected |
Good Friday Service
Join us on Friday, April 19th at 6:30 PM as we celebrate Good Friday with a moving service that retraces the steps taken by Jesus to the cross.
IGNITE Youth Camp
Preparations are underway for the Ignite Mobile Camp! The camp runs from July 22 to July 26 This ministry is one of the many ways Faithbridge can have an impact on young families in the community. There are a number of volunteer opportunities during the event. Your talents and gifts are greatly valued and here are some ways you can assist:
• Host homes for camp counselors: From July 20 to July 27 provide lodging, breakfast, dinner, and transportation to and from camp (7:15 am & 5:15 pm) and two evening counselor events. Counselors arrive on Saturday, July 20 and depart on the following Saturday, July 27.
• Medical Staff: Volunteers with a nursing certification are needed to administer medication to campers. The volunteers need to attend camp from 9:45 am to 3:30 pm. Training/briefing will be provided on Sunday, July 21 after church.
• Check-in/out: Attend camp during the morning camper check-in (8:00-9: 00 am) and afternoon camper check-out (3:45-4: 30 pm). Minimum of 4 volunteers are needed Monday and Tuesday and 2 volunteers are needed Wednesday through Friday. Training/briefing will be provided on Sunday, July 21 after church.
• Relationship Builders: Connect with campers & their families during the camp event. Attend camp all 5 days for 4 hours each day (either morning or afternoon) so campers can get to know you. Training/briefing will be provided on Sunday, July 21 after church.
• Meal Prep: Help prepare breakfast and lunch for campers, counselors, and volunteers Monday, July 22 through Friday, July 26. Training/briefing will be provided on Sunday, July 21 after church.
Volunteer sign-up sheets are available at church or contact Jeanna Fowler for details on supporting the Ignite Mobile Camp. Email: email@example.com. Thank you for your prayers and support of the campers, counselors, and volunteers!
Hope House Volunteers
The next Hope House volunteer days are April 24th (Wed.), 26th (Fri.) and 27th (Sat.) from 9:00-2:00.
Lake of the Ozark Stop Human Trafficking Coalition
Awareness is the key to fighting human trafficking AT THE LAKE!
For information on how to get involved, visit their website at:
or attend their monthly meetings. The next two meetings are April 25th at Osage Beach City Hall and May 23rd at St. George Episcopal Church in Camdenton.
|The Photo Directories have finally arrived! Please pick up your copy in the church lobby this Sunday.|