|Pastor’s Piece “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything that I’ve commanded you.” (Matthew 28:19-20a)|
As a pastor, I’ve been with several people who were dying. In those final moments, a person’s last words are important. Often these are things that family and friends will remember and treasure for a lifetime.
Jesus used His last recorded words on earth (according to the author of Matthew) to give the disciples His blueprint for the Church. Jesus instructed the disciples to teach people the things He taught them. He told them to baptize new believers. And most importantly, Jesus told His disciples to GO and make more disciples. This is the blueprint for Jesus’ Church. This is the mission of the Church in the world.
It sounds simple, but those of us who have spent years of our lives attending church know that it’s not nearly that simple after all. How do we live Christ’s mission out in our daily lives? How do we be the church today and for the future? Join us on Sunday as we unpack Jesus’ final words on earth and ponder what they mean for us today. And remember to invite someone to something!
On Sunday, May 19th we will be hosting a Graduate Celebration reception following the morning service. If you have or know of a student graduating this year, please let us know so we can celebrate their accomplishment. This is for graduates from near or far. Please share their names with the church office and let us know if they will be able to attend the reception.
Saturday, May 11:
Mother’s Day Weekend Kids Carnival Bash
Get ready for a FREE, family-friendly community event for all ages! Faithbridge Church will have a Mother’s Day Weekend Kids Carnival Bash on SATURDAY, MAY 11th starting at 2:00 pm. Bring your whole family and enjoy an afternoon of summer fun.
2:00PM – 5:00 PM
Children’s games, hot dogs, face painting, photo booth, balloon
animals & more!
Old fashioned sing along & ice cream social
Sunday, May 12:
10 YEAR Anniversary Celebration for Faithbridge Church!
COME AND CELEBRATE Faithbridge Church’s 10 Year Anniversary at the Lake! Faithbridge Church will have 9:30 am worship with guest preacher Bishop Bob Farr, followed by a catered brunch. Be a part of this exciting time celebrating the founding of the church and looking ahead to our future!
Ways to Get Connected
IGNITE Mobile Youth Camp – July 22-26
Campers age 6-12 should get ready for an action-packed Ignite Mobile Camp that brings the excitement of Church Camp to Faithbridge. It’s not too late to register for the fun! Parents & Grandparents now is the time to sign up your kiddos! To sign up now, CLICK HERE.
Preparations are underway for the Ignite Mobile Camp! The camp runs from July 22 to July 26. This ministry is one of the many ways Faithbridge can have an impact on young families in the community. There are a number of volunteer opportunities during the event. Your talents and gifts are greatly valued and here are some ways you can assist:
• Host homes for camp counselors: From July 20 to July 27 provide lodging, breakfast, dinner, and transportation to and from camp (7:15 am & 5:15 pm) and two evening counselor events. Counselors arrive on Saturday, July 20 and depart on the following Saturday, July 27.
• Medical Staff: Volunteers with a nursing certification are needed to administer medication to campers. The volunteers need to attend camp from 9:45 am to 3:30 pm. Training/briefing will be provided on Sunday, July 21 after church.
• Check-in/out: Attend camp during the morning camper check-in (8:00-9: 00 am) and afternoon camper check-out (3:45-4: 30 pm). Minimum of 4 volunteers are needed Monday and Tuesday and 2 volunteers are needed Wednesday through Friday. Training/briefing will be provided on Sunday, July 21 after church.
• Relationship Builders: Connect with campers & their families during the camp event. Attend camp all 5 days for 4 hours each day (either morning or afternoon) so campers can get to know you. Training/briefing will be provided on Sunday, July 21 after church.
• Meal Prep: Help prepare breakfast and lunch for campers, counselors, and volunteers Monday, July 22 through Friday, July 26. Training/briefing will be provided on Sunday, July 21 after church.
Volunteer sign-up sheets are available at church or contact Jeanna Fowler for details on supporting the Ignite Mobile Camp. Phone: (515) 577-3762 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your prayers and support of the campers, counselors, and volunteers!
Hope House Volunteers
The next Hope House volunteer days are May 1st (Wed.), 3rd (Fri.), 4th (Sat.), 29th (Wed.) and 31st (Fri.) from 9:00-2:00.
Lake of the Ozark Stop Human Trafficking Coalition
Awareness is the key to fighting human trafficking AT THE LAKE!
For information on how to get involved, visit their website at:
https://www.stoptraffickinglakeozarks.org or attend their monthly meetings. The next two meetings are May 23rd at St. George Episcopal Church in Camdenton and June 27th at the Bank of Versailles. The Photo Directories have finally arrived! They are available for pick up in the church lobby.